As a fulltime BBQ consultant with more than 20 years of hands-on, in-the-pit cooking experience, John recently assisted the owners of three very diverse and successful eating venues in creating original BBQ entrees, side dishes and desserts. Direct contacts for all these references are available through John at (303) 321-7424.
- In November 2004, John helped open Burney Brothers BBQ in the Seattle, WA suburb of Lake Forest Park, the first authentic western pit BBQ in the area. He trained more than a dozen employees and contributed to the immediate culinary and financial success of a truly unique food court operation. The owner began catering last year and has plans to add a second location in 2006. Steve Burney's letter of reference is on the "Testimonial Page".
- From December 2004 to January 2005, John helped convert the 120-seat Spot Bar and Grill in Golden, CO from basic bar food to barbecue. He created, tested and served such appealing dishes as smoked corned beef, smoked and flash-fried Buffalo wings, and smoked meat loaf sandwiches along with the classic pulled and sliced pork, beef brisket sandwiches and spare rib platters. His original gluten-free corn bread is still a huge customer favorite.
- In October and November 2005, John helped the owners of the 319-seat Smokehouse Tavern in Westminster, CO create an impressive and expansive, upscale BBQ menu. The offerings include both Memphis-style Baby Back Ribs and St. Louis-style spare ribs, giant Texas beef back ribs, and a smoked chicken many customers consider addictive. The beef brisket and smoked prime rib have been praised by patrons as the best in the region and the burnt ends and smoked Buffalo wings virtually fly out of the kitchen. Other specials include a smoked salmon entree and salads laden with smoked pork, chicken, salmon or duck breast. Most smoked meats are also available in tacos or on oven-fired pizzas.
- In April 2007, John completed training the cooks, managers and owners of the 200-seat Oscar's Smokehouse Saloon & Grill in Arapahoe County, a southern suburb of Denver, Colorado.
- In 2010, John is working with a catering client in Las Vegas, NV; a restaurant owner in Dublin, Ireland;, an entrepreneur in London, England; property owners in Pitesti, Romania and has assisted other clients in Wyoming, Colorado, New Mexico, Iowa, Georgia, Pennsylvania, Utah, Texas and Nebraska.